Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tina - the nice lady

Tonight while at the homestead I noticed that a lady and a little boy (about 3 years old) were standing on the sidewalk looking down into the lot and the lady was talking to the little boy quite excitedly. I waved my hand and motioned for her to come down and she was very excited.

She saw the goats (munching on the ditchbank) and almost chortled with delight. The little boy said that he liked the chickens and she said, "No, they are goats" and he looked at her very strangely. I pointed out the chickens and she again reacted with surprised euphoria (Ariel's choice of words) and said that she couldn't believe how much land there was here and how wonderful it was.

I gave her a brief tour and she kept saying how amazing everything was and that this was the type of place she had always dreamed of. I told her that my granddaughters had named the place "Terrabella" (actually first it was TerraNina but it doesn't have the "ring" that Terrabella has and so we adjusted it just a bit) and that the bridge over the ditch was the "Bridge to Terrabella"

I had put three new gnomes in the garden and the little boy (named Randy) had fun spotting them. What a great evening to have my soul fed with her joy. I invited her back and I will have to find out more about her.

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

how very interesting! What a good experience and chance to share what you've worked so hard on!

Byron and Olya said...

How fun! I will sure miss you my dear friend! Make sure to update your blog so you can keep me posted on things

The Holdaway Family said...

How neat! I am excited to see the gnomes!

Sara said...

That is great! I am sure you will have many people come along that will be interested in everything going on there!

Hey, it might be fun to host a preschool field trip! :)